Based in UK
TBC/TBA ~April/May 2016
Retro physics based rhythm-puzzle-platformer where you guide cassette tape ‘Mix’ across a fully reversible 2D world of A-Sides and B-Sides, completing puzzles as you progress to find the perfect beat.
Super Mixtape has been in development since February 2015 and has gone through multiple iterations before reaching this point. The game is nearly ready to show the public after showing a prototype level at EuroGamer (EGX) 2015 in Birmingham where it was well recieved.
- World Flip – whereby the player can flip the world, like a cassette, letting them play forwards and backwards. A mechanic that tackles the ‘depth-element’ within 2D games. The ‘depth-element’ is often explored in innovative ways by game developers. The Flip Mechanic is the core mechanic of the game.
- Jump and Physics – The jump in Super Mixtape is like no other jump and requires the player to jump from either the left or the right to gain height or distance based on the physics applied to the cassette. Supported by a considered and natural control scheme.
- The Tumble Mechanic – The tumble allows the player to correct themselves and rotate in the air. Challenging the rules of traditional 2D gameplay by allowing player rotation. The main character’s facial expression will change depending on his position.
- Beat Switches – Being able to ‘switch the beat’ remixes the audio in the game and areas of the level will react to the change. The ‘beats’ are colour coordinated with supported differentiating patterns to assist players who suffer with colour-blindness or colour vision deficiencies, which currently effects a signification percentage of the population.
- Puzzles – Using the mechanics of playing as a cassette tape and the core mechanics of the game, you can navigate across puzzles that have been developed to teach the player through ‘play’ as they progress through the levels, giving a high reward factor to completion.
Super Mixtape: Steam Greenlight Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "The Square Enix Collective Feedback Stage" November - December 2015
- "It throws everything you know about the standard platformer out of the window and creates its own rules."
- Des Mayer, otakugamers
- "like nothing I have seen before"
- Daniel MachinimaSBOC, MachinimaSBOC YouTube
- "my favorite game of EGX 2015"
- GameGazm, GameGazm YouTube
- "Here’s my run-down of the five games I found to be most interesting, entertaining or just plain fun."
- senshudo TV, senshudo
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Super Mixtape falls into various categories of Retro, Rhythm and Physics
Additional Information: Within the ‘Retro’ category there is an average user-score of 83.3% across 333 games with over 63.5 million units sold at an average price of $8.59. On SteamSpy.com there are currently 45 games within the ‘Rhythm’ category, with an average user-score of 80.26%, with an average price per unit of $10.01. Within the ‘Physics’ category there is an average user-score of 83.73% across 130 games with over 83.2 million units sold at an average price of $12.53 - Note: All data is accurate at time of writing .
About Polygrammatic Limited
Delivering gaming immersion through considered content creation, redefining games through play. Polygrammatic is currently developing Super Mixtape: A retro physics based rhythm-puzzle-platformer where you guide cassette tape ‘Mix’ across a fully reversible 2D world of A-Sides and B-Sides, completing puzzles as you progress to find the perfect beat.
More information on Polygrammatic Limited, our logo & relevant media are available here.